ABOUT OUR CLASSES
COOKING CLASS REWARDS PROGRAM
Each Quarter when you spend at least $200 in cooking classes, you become eligible for RP Cooking Class Rewards in the amount of 5% of your TOTAL Cooking Class purchases. This reward amount will be placed back on your Rolling Pin Online Account for use on future classes.
The 5% will be based on the amount you spend on Cooking Classes within each quarter.
EXAMPLE: if you spend $200 on cooking classes from October through December, you will receive a reward in the amount of $10. The $10 reward will be placed on your RP Online Account during January for use on future classes.
Schedule of Cooking Class Rewards
Jan-Mar: Rewards posted to your RP Online Account in April
Apr-Jun: Rewards posted to your RP Online Account in July
Jul-Sep: Rewards posted to your RP Online Account in October
Oct-Dec: Rewards posted to your RP Online Account in January
Benefits of RP Cooking Class Rewards: You will be rewarded quarterly. The amount of rewards are unlimited. There is no cap on how much you can spend to receive a reward. If you spend $2000 in one quarter, you will receive $100 on your RP Online Account for use on future cooking classes. Fine Print: If you spend less than $200 in a quarter, no reward will be issued. Dollars spent in one calendar quarter do not carry over to the next quarter.
- Please note that registration in a class is a FIRM commitment to attend the class.
- Consider registrations as purchasing tickets to the theater.
- Your credit card will be charged during the checkout process.
- Any changes must be made AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO CLASS.*
- NO CANCELLATION WILL BE ACCEPTED IF MADE WITHIN ONE WEEK OF THE DATE OF THE CLASS.
- No Refunds, Credits or Re-scheduling will be issued.
- *NOTE KIDS & TWEENS CAMPS REQUIRE A 14 DAY CANCELLATION.
- If you cannot attend and the cancellation time has passed, please feel free to send someone in your place.
- Let us know by calling the store (813) 653-2418 and provide us their name so that we will be prepared.
- All classes, instructors/chefs, menus and prices are subject to change without notice.
- Seating for most classes will be based on the date in which you sign up.
- The earlier you sign up more likely you will be seated at the the Center Island unless you request otherwise in the comment section of the registration page.
COOKING CLASS ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Want to meet new friends, eat wonderful food, work with noted chefs, attend elegant dinners with your spouse or friend, develop culinary skills, build a volume of menus and recipes, all at no cost? Sounds impossible, right?
As a Rolling Pin Kitchen Assistant, you can accomplish all of these objectives.
Becoming an assistant is easy.
There are three requirements:
1. Attend at least one Rolling Pin cooking class. During this class, keep an eye on the assistants working, and you will be better able to decide if you want to become an assistant too.
2. Attend the Knife Skills 1 class. This way, you will be able to use a knife safely and be better able to coach others in proper knife use.
3. Attend a free Assistant Orientation in which assistant responsibilities and procedures will be explained.
What’s in it for you:
- Assist 5 times and receive $100 gift card to be used on cooking classes and store merchandise.
- Learn new kitchen and service skills.
- Work with Celebrity, Local and In-house Chefs
- Meet new people
- Interact with Cooking Class students and guests
Get started on becoming an assistant today. Check the Rolling Pin calendar for the next Assistant Orientation and sign up.
COOKING CLASS FAQ
Where/How do I register for a cooking class?
Registration for classes can be done online, in-store, or by phone 813-653-2418.
Do I need to bring anything with me to the class?
You do not need to bring anything with you. We supply printed recipe handouts for our classes as well as aprons.
What is the dress attire when attending a cooking class?
We ask that close toed shoes are worn and long hair is pulled back when the class is a Hands-On class.
Do you sell Cooking Class Gift Certificates and in what increments?
Yes. Gift cards are available in any increment. They can be purchased online, over the phone 813-653-2418 or in the store. Cooking class gift certificates can only be used for cooking classes.
Do you offer Kids and Tweens cooking classes?
Yes. Kids’ classes are ages 6-9, Tweens classes are ages 10-14.
How much do I get to eat?
During our Demonstration classes you will taste a healthy sampling of everything made in class. However in our Hands On classes you will get the equivalent of a full meal.
Are these classes for beginners?
Our classes are intended for all levels of students, from beginners to experts. In every class you will learn the recipes from the menu for that day as well as many more tips and techniques for everyday cooking.
How many people are in the classes?
In Demonstration classes there are up to 34 spaces. In our Hands-On classes there is room for up to 16 people depending on the class.
What are my chances of getting in the class if I am on the waitlist?
We always suggest signing up for the waitlist for any class, because there is a good chance of getting in and there is no commitment if you can’t make it. There are always cancellations up to the last minute. It also doesn’t hurt to call on the day of or day before a particular class to see if there are any last minute openings!
Is there assigned seating in cooking classes?
Depending on the chef, size of the class and/or if large parties are in attendance, seats may be assigned. Seats are assigned based on purchase date of class, starting with the front bar.
Is there a student discount for items in your store?
All cooking class students receive 10% OFF ALL REGULARLY priced merchandise, EXCLUDING BGE Merchandise . Discount only valid on day of class. Discount not valid on Cooking Classes, Gift Cards, Special Orders and Prior Purchases. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Can I bring my own alcoholic beverages to a cooking class?
No, but we have wine and beer available in all classes and wine is also available for purchase in the store.